Least Favorite Wines of 2016

I published my 10 best a few weeks ago and I was asked what my lest favorite wines I tasted in 2016 were.  I guess the good news was there were very few wines I truly hated but 3 of them really stood out.  Just to let you know I only included wines that tried to be good not mass market wines like Barefoot, Apothic, and Menage a Trois.  In descending order of terrible:

#3:  2014 Anakena Chardonnay (Chile)


 









Very little fruit, soapy tasting, overly acidic and a bitter finish. 72 Points. $10.











#2: 2013 Petals Riesling (Germany)






Cat Pee, Barn Yard and rotten fruit. If I made this wine I would get out of the business. Not good. 70 Points.  $9.  















#1 2013 Pillsbury Symphony Goddess (Arizona)








Ever buy a bottle of wine and say to your self "what was I thinking". This stuff has notes of rotting grass and soap suds. Unpleasant nose, unpleasant finish. Could be the worst bottle of wine I have ever had in my life (and yes I have had MD 20/20). 60 Points. $25.   












What are some of your wines that you try to avoid?

Comments

  1. Thanks G! I avoid Yellow Tail. Just has a Pinot Noir that reminded me of a Lucky Stripe bottle. Supposed to have been 90 points. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Gasper. Thoroughly enjoyed this bit of "wine gone wrong"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Mot Popular Posts

How long should you age your wine?

So you don’t like red wine huh?

Two Great Value Wines At Costco